Our next expedition machine… Purchased bone stock back in 2021, it sat idle as we gathered parts for the build and researched the potential of the platform. For those that are not familiar, this is a body-on-frame, eight seater SUV powered by the same 5.7L V8 found in the Toyota Tundra and Landcruiser 200 models. The output is 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque, mated with a 6-speed auto transmission. Despite having four-wheel independent suspension, it’s still rated to tow 8,800 lbs and is proving itself quite capable off-road as more aftermarket goodies become available. Traction control, a centre locking differential, and true low-range gearing is still standard equipment, similar to the original 1st generation models. The plan is for this rig to carry us through the next ten years of adventuring.
- Front: Elka 2.0 IFP coilovers with SPC adjustable upper control arms
- Rear: Elka 2.0 IFP shocks, OME 2864 coil springs, Air Ride adjustable air bags.
- Kaiben Wheels 18×8 Sequoia TRD Pro replicas with TRD centre caps
- 35×12.50r18 Kelly Edge M/T’s
- 1″ bolt on wheel spacers
Body / Exterior:
- Iron4K Fabrication custom rear bumper with tire swing out and gas can mount
- Removed side steps
- L.E.D. headlamp bulbs in aftermarket black/smoked housings
- Sequoia factory TRD PRO roof rack
- L.E.D. reverse and license plate lights
- L.E.D. interior dome lights and puddle lights
- Amber fog light lenses and bulbs
- Trimmed front fender liners and skid plate (wheel fitment)
- Ironman recovery treads
- RFX 5.65 cfm air compressor and digital deflator
- 80 feet of straps, tree saver, shackles, snatch block, enhanced recovery points etc.
- Mounted 500 watt power inverter
- Dometic CFX65DZ 12V fridge
- Aftermarket backup camera
- Front Winch Bumper & Winch
- Upgraded off-road lighting
- Tandem Offroad rear selectable locker